When getting ready for a pontoon boat party you have to consider a lot of things. The first thing is to look at the result, that is; what you want your event to look like. You need to work your way backward from that goal and plan accordingly.
It is possible, even likely, that many of your guests will be drinking while they are at the pontoon boat party. This only increases the importance of safety and making sure your boat reaches its destination rather than becoming a stranded vessel.
Pontoon boat party ideas are a fun and exciting way to have several friends join you on the open water. You can rent a pontoon boat for several hours, which is usually enough time to head out to the local spots and enjoy nature.
Pontoon boat parties are a lot of fun, but they can be difficult to plan. The following list of pontoon boat party ideas will help you put together an amazing experience that your friends are sure to love.
Pontoon Boat Dinner Ideas
Whether you’re planning a birthday party or a family reunion, a pontoon boat party is an easy, affordable way to have fun. You don’t need any special skills or equipment to enjoy a pontoon boat party.
While gleaning from the list of pontoon boat party ideas, these are some great pontoon boat dinner ideas to make your next pontooning trip even better.
Pontoon Boat Dinner Party Plan
1. Give your boat a new look by adding a tablecloth, napkins, and plates.
2. Set up a buffet table with food on it. If you want to be fancy, use candles or small lanterns to light the deck.
3. Use your pontoon boat as a stage for entertainment. You could have someone play guitar, or you could invite artists to paint live or perform their music.
4. If you’re having an indoor party, make sure you have enough room for everyone to sit down at once.
5. Choose your location wisely
6. Choose the right boat
7. Stock up on food and drink
8. Plan activities for the kids
9. Set the mood with music
Pontoon Boat Dinner (Menu)
10. Grilled Chicken Kabobs
11. Fried Shrimp
12. Fried Fish
13. Grilled Ribs
14. Beef Kabobs
15. Vegetable Kabobs
16. Frozen Pizza
17. Hot Dogs
18. Grilled Hot Dogs
Pontoon Boat Storage Ideas
Having a pontoon boat party is a great idea, but you need to make sure that your pontoon is ready for the occasion. If you don’t do this, then it can be quite embarrassing and could ruin your entire party.
Here are some pontoon boat storage ideas that will help make your pontoon boat party ideas a reality and good outcome.
19. Clean up the deck of your pontoon boat: This is one of the first things anyone will notice when they come on board, so it pays to make sure that everything is clean and tidy.
Make sure you wash away any dirt and grime from around the deck and also wipe down any surfaces that may have gotten dirty from people stepping on them during their journey to the water’s edge.
20. Make sure that all of your life jackets are in good condition and stored somewhere where they won’t get damaged or lost during the party itself.
21. You may want to keep other items such as fishing gear in here as well because these can also get damaged if left out on deck for too long or if people stand on them while trying to get down into the boat safely from dry land.
22. If there are any holes in the boat’s hull then they need to be patched up before hosting any parties aboard
23. If you live near the water and want to keep your pontoon boat in the water year-round, it’s important to take care of it properly. A proper thorough periodic check is necessary.
This will save you money on maintenance and repairs down the road. You don’t have to wait till it is damaged or needs some repair.
24. Keep it out of direct sunlight as much as possible – Sunlight can damage both the hull and its components (like seats).
25. Keep it away from strong winds – Wind can cause dents in your hull or even break off part of your boat.
26. Keep it out of freezing temperatures – If your pontoon boat freezes over during the winter months, bring it in until spring arrives so that ice doesn’t crack off any part of your vessel (like seats).
27. Make sure there are enough life jackets on board so that everyone has one on at all times while they are on the water. If anyone needs assistance getting into one, help them before they get into trouble.
28. Don’t drink too much alcohol before going out on the water because it could impair your judgment and make it harder for you to handle yourself if something happens out on the water (such as someone falling overboard).
29. Rent a pontoon boat and cruise around the lake, river, or ocean. If you’re renting the boat from somewhere that has a dock, plan to arrive early so that everyone can go swimming before getting on board.
30. If you have a large enough group of people, set up an island for them to swim to in the middle of the water (you could use an inflatable raft).
31. For those who don’t want to get wet, set up lounge chairs on deck with umbrellas attached so they can still enjoy the sun while staying dry.
32. Once you’ve decided on the food, you’ll need somewhere safe for people to park their cars while they’re at the party, so look into booking a parking lot near your rental location if possible.
33. You’ll also want to consider whether or not you’ll have enough space on your pontoon boat for everybody who’s coming along with their belongings; if someone has brought too much stuff along for them.
34. If you love to go boating, but don’t have the space for a big boat, a pontoon boat party is a great way to celebrate. They are also popular at weddings, corporate events, and birthday parties. The best thing about these boats is that they can carry more people than a regular fishing boat or speedboat.
35. When they get tired of swimming back and forth, let them come back aboard for lunch. This is also a good idea if some people are better swimmers than others because it gives them more independence.
Pontoon Boat Party Ideas for Men and Women
If you’re looking for a fun party idea that is a little different from your typical restaurant or bar, why not consider a pontoon boat party? You can rent the boat from any number of companies around the country, and it doesn’t have to be expensive.
A standard party for about 10 people will cost about $200 per hour for an eight-person boat. If you have more people in your group, then it will cost more per hour, but the price will increase in proportion to how many people you bring with you.
If you are going to be renting a pontoon boat, here are some tips to make sure that your pontoon boat party ideas for men and women go smoothly and that everyone has fun.
If you’re having a big party, kegs are a must. You can rent them from your local liquor store or get them delivered right to your dock.
Stock up on all your favorite sodas, juices, and other drinks before your guests arrive. Be sure to have plenty of ice on hand as well.
Snacks & Appetizers
For an easy snack, serve chips and salsa or pretzels with cheese dip. Don’t forget the chips; they’re always a crowd favorite. You can also buy hot dogs, hamburgers, and hot wings from the local grocery store if you don’t want to cook anything yourself. Don’t forget napkins.
Games & Activities
Games are a great way to keep everyone entertained at any event; especially when it’s cold outside (or raining). Start by setting up cornhole boards in the yard or on your dock so people can play.
Pontoon boat parties are a great way to spend time with your friends and family. There are many different ways to make the most of your pontoon party, from planning activities to finding the perfect food.
FAQ on Pontoon Boat Party Ideas
How do you make a pontoon boat fun?
Plan an activity-packed itinerary: Make sure that your guests know what to expect before they arrive.
This will help them plan out their day so they don’t go overboard with their expectations or get bored when there’s nothing to do.
What should I pack for a party day on a pontoon boat?
You do not need much to have an enjoyable time on the water with your friends or family. A few things are important though:
Drinks – You will want to have plenty of drinks available so that everyone can stay hydrated while they are having fun. Water is always best but some people may prefer alcoholic beverages as well.
If you are hosting a child’s birthday party, make sure that there is juice and water available so that everyone can enjoy themselves without worrying about how much they are drinking.
Food – It is not enough just to have drinks available at your event; you also need food so that people will not get hungry while they are out enjoying themselves on your pontoon boat rental. Make sure that you take food along with you in case anyone gets hungry.
Pontoon boats are a fun way to have a party because they have great party areas like a wet bar, dance floor, and game tables. They also have plenty of room for all your guests to sit or stand and enjoy the night sky.
So whether it’s a weekend or a week in the summer, make sure to see what events are in your area. Pontoon boat party ideas executed can be lots of fun, and can provide an opportunity to mingle with others who share your interests or hobbies.