From the beginning of time to date, mothers remain a fundamental aspect of our lives, which is why they deserve to be frequently celebrated for everything they do. You reading this article means that you feel the same way. These 30 giveaway fun things to do with your mom at home will teach you how to make your mom feel like the queen she is without breaking the bank.
Going to exotic places is fun but not everyone has the funds for such lavish treatment, even if you do have the money to spend, why not save it by learning simple yet unique fun things to do with your mom at home. Also, with the world’s ongoing battle with coronavirus, it has never been more important to stay indoors.
Which makes this the perfect time to learn the various things to do with your mom in quarantine. These heartwarming gestures will make your mom happy and this article also has fun activities for both mothers and sons as well as mothers and daughters to enjoy. Without further delay, let us get started on the fun things to do with your mom at home.
Table of Contents
Things to Do For Your Mom to Make Her Happy
When it comes to honoring the most important woman in your life either on her birthday, on mother’s day, or you simply want to show your affection, it is quite hard to think of unique things to do for your mom to make her happy.
But do not fret, this article will give you amazing ideas to choose from. So, here are 6 special things to do for your mom to make her happy.
1. Compliment everything about her: The simplest way to make your mother happy is to genuinely compliment her. This does not involve cliche lines like “you are a great mother” or “you are an amazing cook.” If you want to make her happy, you need to get personal and very emotional.
Take a notebook and write down everything that pops into your mind when you think about your mom. No matter how trivial it may seem, just write it down. Once you have a list of 20-30 things then you can begin to elaborate on each compliment.
Here are some examples:
● “You are a great cook” turns into “over the years, I have eaten in several restaurants, tried various dishes, yet nothing compares to your home-cooked meal.”
● “You have a wonderful smile” turns into “it never ceases to amaze me how a simple smile on your face can light up my world for days.”
Once you have the best compliments, you can either write them down on handmade cards (which your mom will appreciate more) or simply memorize them and find the perfect moment to say each one to your mom (this will get her blushing and possibly shed a few happy tears.)
2. Cook a meal: One of the sweetest things to do for your mom to make her happy is to prepare a delicious meal for her. The dish in question should either be her favorite or something she has always wanted to try.
This activity requires practice and should be done weeks before your mom’s special day. Also, if you do not know what her favorite dish is or what dish she might wish to try then make sure you find out weeks before the big day so as not to ruin the surprise.
And if you are stuck at home with your mom, practice cooking at night or during the day when she is distracted. If her favorite dish or the dish she craves is too difficult for you to achieve then simply cook something you are perfect at and the gesture will still make her very happy.
3. Be quick to say ‘I love you’: While we all love our mothers, many of us forget to say the words. Actions do speak louder than words but there are moments where the right words are the best actions. It does not have to be a special occasion, every day is a great day to tell your mother that you love and adore her.
4. Get a radio station to play her favorite song: Whether your mom listens to the radio or not, this is one of the sweetest things to do for your mom to make her happy. If she is a radio lover then call her favorite station and request for one of her best songs to be played in her honor.
If she is not a radio fan then you can still call a radio station and dedicate a song to her. The only difference is, you will make her listen to the radio either by telling your mom that important news is going to be announced or some other excuse.
5. Give her a 5-star hotel treatment: Special occasion or not, your mom deserves some pampering, and turning your home into a hotel is one of the fun things to do with your mom at home. If you have siblings, get them to play along but if not then you get to be the sole star of this show.
Start it off by making your mom breakfast in bed, then getting a warm bath filled with scented candles and essential oils like lavender. These are easily accessible items but if you cannot afford them then simply get a normal bath ready.
After that, you can offer your mom a foot scrub or massage treatment. Just do the best you can and do not go overboard, your mom will appreciate your day of pampering.
Please wait a minute! Apart from constantly publishing meaningful content here as the owner of this blog, I am also a fast-rising artiste who need your support by simply subscribing to my YouTube channel. Thank you so much.
6. Do the chores: When you think of things to do for your mom to make her happy, chores come to mind. Helping your mother around the house will never go out of fashion. It is a simple gesture that your mom will appreciate.
Fun Crafts to Do With Your Mom
Arts and crafts are great ways to bond with your mom at home. They are simple, affordable, and fun plus your end products can be sold or kept for sentimental value. Here are some of the best fun crafts to do with your mom.
7. Bead it up: One of the easiest fun things to do with your mom at home is to make jewelry out of beads. You can make a necklace, bracelet, anklet, or rings of various lengths, colors, and sizes. All you will need are beads, elastic thread or beading thread, wire cutters, closures, and super glue.
You can watch tutorial videos based on what jewelry you wish to make and start practicing. This is one of the best crafts to do with your mom as it will lead to quality bonding time.
8. DIY animals: Making your favorite animals are fun crafts to do with your mom at home. You can make you toy animals like a jellyfish, bird, or lion.
● How to make a jellyfish: You will need paper plates, yarn or wool, string, tape, and paint. Make a small incision in the middle of the paper plate, insert the string, and tie a knot.
Then paint the plate with whatever color you like and allow it to dry. Once it is dry, use tape or super glue to stick your colorful yarn or wool to the plate, like you are making jellyfish legs. Once you are done, use the string to hang up your completed jellyfish.
9. Flower pots: DIY flower pots are simple and affordable fun things to do with your mom at home. All you need are mugs or plastic containers, paint, and paintbrushes. Come up with great designs with your mom and try to paint them on the mugs or containers. You can even turn this into a game to see whose designs are better.
10. Paper Jewelry: This is one of the easiest fun crafts to do with your mom. All you need are plain sheets of paper, super glue, and paint or colorful wrapping paper and old magazines. Simply, roll your desired paper in a ball shape, paint it if necessary, and glue the paper balls together to form a necklace or bracelet.
11. Glitter it up: You can never have too much glitter and it is always a great way to have fun. Find creative ways to add glitter to your crafts and make it a competition with your mom to see who can create the best glittering item. Friendly competition is one of the fun things to do with your mom at home.
12. Build a birdhouse: One of the sweetest fun crafts to do with your mom at home is to build a birdhouse. This is also a great way to spread love in the environment as well as a good way to bond with your mom. If you have no experience with carpentry, then look up tutorials on how to make birdhouses or you can make one out of cardboard boxes.
Nice Things to Do for Your Mom
It is easy to take your mother for granted and forget to show her how much you love and appreciate everything she does for you. Some people believe they need to break the bank and go the extra mile to show their gratitude, which is sweet but not always necessary as there are easier and cheaper ways to express your feelings in a way that will make your mother happy.
Here is a list of nice things to do for your mom that are not overly expensive and will make her happy.
13. Poetry: The first thing on the list of nice things to do for your mom is poetry. No, you do not have to be a great poet to accomplish this task as it is your efforts that count. Do not simply copy words online and read them to your mom, instead sit down and think about what her greatest qualities are. Take your time to craft this poem and ensure it expresses your affections for your mom.
14. Surprise her: Everyone loves surprises including your mom. You can order dinner from her favorite restaurant or purchase her favorite body wash. You can also surprise her with a home-cooked meal or by doing personal chores such as her laundry.
15. Give her a foot rub: Your mom is probably on her feet most of the time either doing chores or cooking. Show her your appreciation with a well-deserved foot rub. All you need are hot water, a basin, and essential oils or balm.
16. Create a home cinema: The fourth thing on the list of nice things to do for your mom is to create a personal cinema. This is also one of the best things to do with your mom in quarantine as it is much safer to avoid public places like cinemas.
You can use streaming apps like Netflix or simply download movies your mom would love and watch it on your laptop. Make this perfect by adding popcorn and drinks or whatever snacks you have available.
17. Start a garden: A garden is not only great for the environment but it is also one of the sweetest gestures you can do for your mom. Start a garden filled with her favorite flowers or simple vegetables like tomatoes or you can even grow herbs.
18. Make a video montage: The last thing on the list of nice things to do for your mom is to make a video montage of your favorite moments with her. You can make the background music an audio recording full of appreciation for your mom or use her favorite song.
Fun Things to Do With Mom and Daughter At Home
The relationship between mothers and daughters varies for everyone but there are certain activities which all mother and daughters enjoy. Whether you are in quarantine or simply wish to spend quality time with your mother or daughter then check out this list of fun things to do with mom and daughter at home.
19. Glam it up: The first thing on the list of fun things to do with mom and daughter at home is to glam it up. This simply means that you have an amazing fashion day. Get creative, take a look at your mom’s wardrobe, and give her a style update by showing her how to combine various looks and what not to wear.
As for moms, you can pick out some of your stylish clothes, jewelry, and accessories for your daughter to wear. You can also make it into one of your fun mother and daughter dress up games. Get a box and fill it up with various outfits then set a timer to see what styles you can come up with before the time runs out.
20. Take pictures: Another great way to bond with your mom or daughter at home is by taking pictures. You can choose to dress up and use makeup or simply go natural. Take several pictures with different poses from silly to serious. This is a great way to laugh and it also gives you precious memories to reminisce about.
21. Cook or bake together: One of the fun things to do with mom and daughter at home is to cook or bake together. You can try new recipes online or practice family recipes. Cooking or baking is a great way for mothers and daughters to bond plus it gives you things to talk about as you share ideas.
22. Scrapbook: One of the best mother-daughter crafts to make is a scrapbook. Cut out your favorite pictures and glue them on a notebook, you can also write down messages under each picture and have fun designing your scrapbook with glitter.
23. Enjoy a good story: The fifth thing on the list of fun things to do with mom and daughter at home is to read books. You can share your favorite books and bond on your different tastes or you can both find a new book to enjoy.
24. Workout together: While you are stuck at home, you need to keep fit by doing easy home workouts like yoga or cardio. However, you can make this into a bonding experience with your mother or daughter by including her in your routines. Having a workout partner encourages people to work harder and it is also one of the fun things to do with mom and daughter at home.
Fun Things to Do With Mom and Son At Home
Whether you are a mom looking for quality ways to spend time with your son or you are a guy searching for easy mother-son activities. Then, this list of fun things to do with mom and son at home has all the answers you need.
25. Play video games: The first thing on the list of fun things to do with mom and son at home is to play video games. It is no secret that boys enjoy video games, so this is a great way for mothers and sons to spend quality time together plus it is also fun. If you have no experience with video games then let your son guide you on what to do.
26. Play sports: Whether it is basketball, soccer, or just a simple game of catch, playing sports with your son is not only a great way to keep fit but also a fun way to bond. Make sure you choose a sport you can both easily handle and if you do not know anything about sports, ask your son to teach you and this also gives you a chance to learn more about him.
27. Enjoy board games: The next activity on the list of fun things to do with mom and son at home is to play board games. Either chess, Scrabble or whatever board games you have available will help you enjoy quality time with your mother or son. You can also make it interesting by adding bets or new rules to make the games harder.
28. Hit the grill: Another great way to have some quality mother and son time is to grill outdoors. Hit the backyard and make barbecue chicken or have a grilling competition. This is a delightful way to enjoy your mother or son’s company at home.
29. Build something: Whether it is a fort, treehouse, or Lego set, building something with your mother or son is a great way to bond at home. Make sure you pick something you can easily do or watch tutorials on how to build the item if neither of you understands the steps. Remember, safety first.
30. Jog or ride a bike: The last activity on the list of fun things to do with mom and son at home is to jog or ride a bike. You can turn this into a competition to see how far each of you can jog around the neighborhood or how far you can ride your bicycles.
However, if you wish to stay indoors then you can simply do cardio workouts in your living room or backyard. You can also compete with your son or mother to see how many push-ups or sit-ups you can do at a given amount of time.
There are several fun things to do with your mom at home and this article has given you a wide list to choose from. Whether it is a birthday or Mother’s Day surprise, or you simply want your mother to feel special and show her that you truly value everything she does for you, then this article on 30 giveaway fun things to do with your mom at home has covered it all.
If you found the above information useful and you are thrilled with the list of fun things to do with your mom at home, then kindly share this article with your friends as every mother in the world deserves to receive love and heartwarming gestures.
Thank you for reading fun things to do with your mom at home and I wish you success on your journey to make your mother smile. Do you have any questions? Kindly send it below in the comment section.